Please note: The resources listed below are for your convenience only. By providing these resources, the Red Tab Foundation in no way endorses or recommends the organization or their underlying philosophies.
- HUD Housing Counseling – Help with rental problems, mortgage problems or advice on buying and renting
- LIHEAP – Assistance with utilities and weatherization of homes, listed by state
- Canada – Credit Counseling – Affiliated with National Foundation for Consumer Credit (NFCC)
- Free Credit Report – Check your credit once a year for free at this site
- United States – CCCS (Consumer Credit Counseling Service) – Debt management, budgeting, default on FHA mortgage counseling, home buying seminars, face to face
- Meals on Wheels – Help with rental problems, mortgage problems or advice on buying and renting
- Administration on Aging – The information on this site will help you become more familiar with issues affecting older adults, and the services and opportunities available to assist them
- Community Health Clinic – Find community health clinics
- Funeral Consumers Alliance – Federation of non-profit, non-sectarian consumer information societies that offers guidance on planning inexpensive funeral and memorial services. Has links to affiliated groups nationwide and in Canada
- MEDICARE – For Medicare Hotline that will answer questions about Medicare, Medigap and state insurance departments, and will report on Medicare fraud and other illegal practices
- MEDICAID – Access website for state Medicaid toll-free phone numbers
- SOCIAL SECURITY ADMINISTRATION – For benefits information on disability, retirement, SSI, Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security, etc.
- American Red Cross – Website offers lots of information about preparing and recovering from disasters. The Red Cross provides various services and assistance to help recover after a natural disasters, including finding shelters and providing food
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) – Federal agency that prepares for emergencies and disasters, responds to them when they occur, helps people and institutions recovers from them, mitigates their effects, and reduces the risk of loss