Please note: The resources listed below are for your convenience only. By providing these resources, the Red Tab Foundation in no way endorses or recommends the organization or their underlying philosophies.
- HUD Housing Counseling – Help with rental problems, mortgage problems or advice on buying and renting.
- LIHEAP – Assistance with utilities and weatherization of homes, listed by state.
- Canada - Credit Counseling – Affiliated with National Foundation for Consumer Credit (NFCC)
- Free Credit Report – Check your credit once a year for free at this site.
- United States - CCCS (Consumer Credit Counseling Service) – Debt management, budgeting, default on FHA mortgage counseling, home buying seminars, face to face.
- Meals on Wheels – Help with rental problems, mortgage problems or advice on buying and renting.
- Administration on Aging – The information on this site will help you become more familiar with issues affecting older adults, and the services and opportunities available to assist them.
- Community Health Clinic – Find community health clinics
- Funeral Consumers Alliance – Federation of non-profit, non-sectarian consumer information societies that offers guidance on planning inexpensive funeral and memorial services. Has links to affiliated groups nationwide and in Canada.
- MEDICARE – For Medicare Hotline that will answer questions about Medicare, Medigap and state insurance departments, and will report on Medicare fraud and other illegal practices.
- MEDICAID – Access website for state Medicaid toll-free phone numbers
- SOCIAL SECURITY ADMINISTRATION – For benefits information on disability, retirement, SSI, Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security, etc.
- American Red Cross – Website offers lots of information about preparing and recovering from disasters. The Red Cross provides various services and assistance to help recover after a natural disasters, including finding shelters and providing food.
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) – Federal agency that prepares for emergencies and disasters, responds to them when they occur, helps people and institutions recovers from them, mitigates their effects, and reduces the risk of loss.
“Thanks for giving me back my smile.”
Grant Recipient, USA